9.26.2006
Canberra'06
23/9-24/9
Yeap yeap went to Canberra for a weekend trip just as break week started. =) I cannot stand coach rides! Every time I travel on planes or coaches I don't know where to put my neck. Cos my head is always where others' necks are. Grrrrrr... By the end of the ride I was shamelessly lying on Freaki's shoulder. Gah
Cockington Green Gardens
Saturday afternoon was spent at Cockington Green Gardens, where the little things count. LOL. Sounds cute right? Like walking into Lilliput. I didn't see enough recognizable miniatures though >.< Too lousy at appreciating architecture I am. Anyway here are some pictures for those who like everything tiny. (Eh Kitkit I think you'd like that place! =p)

This one reminds me of the train station in the suburb next to the one I'm living at, no shelter!!!

This one I've seen in photos somewhere! Haha but I forgot what it's called again.
Tiny men and women...

This one's enjoying life!

Street Bachata? Hee. This one was taken behind the Argentinian structure.
My Fave...

Mt. Pleasant

A view from Mt. Pleasant
Lake Griffin
Yuwei drove us to Lake Griffin just before heading for dinner with the guys. My camera had died-ed (yes, lousy, I know), so there are no photos! These are from Yiling's cam, where Yuwei helped me onto the tree that was easiest to climb beside the lake.


Xueting's cousin Lance drove us around the city and surrounding suburbs after dinner that night. The view from Mt. Ainslie was terrific! =) No photos. That view is impossible to capture.
I was too tired to enjoy the rest of the night, however, a whole morning of my neck in awkward positions coupled with an afternoon of Australia's glaring sun had given me one heck of a headache. I wanted nothing more than to head back to the hotel and pass out on the bed!
Floriade
We originally planned to go to the Australian War Memorial Sunday morning before heading to Floriade in the afternoon. A look at the ominous morning sky changed our minds, though, and we decided we should go catch the tulips before rains came and spoiled our plans!

The above scene wow-ed us for quite a while and we spent a loooong time taking photos.
Collage...



I especially like this one cos I had good focus!

This is a Three-In-One =D

I chased this pair of swans along the bank of the lake and this is the best picture I got of them (in the water).

Then they came out of the water! I was afraid that they might attack us like pelicans tried at the Sydney Fish Market about 2 weeks back, but still hung around and took photos anyway. Thereafter I conclude that swans are slow, the whole time I was there gulls and ducks were diving after pieces of bread on the ground while they just craned their long necks here.... and there....
I got tired of snapping photos pretty soon, (I simply have no patience) so photos of me ended up in the memory sticks of others. Strangely I was Freaki's poster girl of the day =P

Yes... It started drizzling when we were there. I liked it, though, don't like the sun!!!

Where's my prince?

I like this one!

Those Japanese anime drawings bluff people! How to get perfect wind-swept hair huh??

We were so disproportionately excited at this point that people walked by to ask "Are you guys from Singapore?"
These are the entries in the fashion competition:





See those with elaborate hats? They remind me of a book I'd read before, where some shop proprietor was trying to foist a hideous hat of fruits on the herione. The herione then informed her that "If guys fell at her feet, it would be because they are trying to avoid the swarm of bees attracted by a fruit platter wearing a female!"
My brain cells are so occupied with random memories like that. >.<

Winning entry is from Singapore!
Australian War Memorial
I'm actually quite sorry that we didn't get to spend more time at the place because there were so many things to see! Thanks Benson for rambling when you could =) I think it's charming how they have the opening and closing ceremony every day. It was drizzling slightly during the trumpet sounding, and I was listening raptly while trying to fight tears back, when the lady beside Benson turned around and drew my attention to a very beautiful rainbow in the sky. Wow~ Simply Perfect. I'd never in my life seen such a perfectly arched rainbow with colours so distinct and one actually appeared during such a moment! It looked like I could chase it down to where it touched the earth to find a pot of gold. Wow~ Wow~ Wow~ (No words to describe liao, I wish I had a way with words sometimes.)

Took this just before we left the place. That's Anzac Parade and Parliament House in the distance.
Final thanks to Yuwei for tirelessly driving us around! =)Labels: australia, canberra, travel