7.21.2006

Sydney Aquarium'06
21/7

ZJ and I finally made it to the aquarium on Friday, when we actually planned to go last Saturday!

Wouldn't be interested in the aquarium if not for the fact that I went diving. Before that I used to be extremely disdainful of fishes. 游来游去的鱼而已嘛。 No interaction no nothing! I'd much rather have a dog.

Well, perspectives change. =D

I like the oceanarium best! (Duh)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Even if it wasn't as exciting as diving, it allowed me to go up close to various fishes that I'd fin away from if I ever saw them underwater. (I'm still scared!)

We touched a baby Port Jackson Shark.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Doesn't it just look cute?

Here's a shark egg!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
If the lady didn't tell us that I'd just think it's some random coral.

And here are some pics I really like.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Water Dragon

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some bird
It's the butt you're looking at. Aren't you amazed at it's one-legged stand?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cute one!
I think this one's a porcupine fish.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mudskippers!
I've become rather good at detecting mudskippers from my 2 consecutive Sungei Buloh trips. Teehee but these are so small!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
ZJ vs croc

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Turtle
This one was in a tank with a baby croc! I just lurve turtles, tortoises and terrapins. Don't ask me why. I nearly cried once while watching a documentary on the very endangered Leatherbacks.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The above-mentioned baby croc
The shrimp was still alive! Watching animals being eaten alive still makes me squirm. EEeewww... The first time was when I watched my cousin's snake swallow a desperately struggling house lizard. The huge bump in its neck after the swallow was what disturbed me the most!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Scary

I'm posting this even thought the video quality sucks, cos I really like the fish. Can anybody tell me what it is?
(footnote: It's a semicircular angelfish!)



I could go on and on and on, but, well it's boring to look at still pictures of fishes behind a glass. ZJ has a really good video of that baby croc chomping and swallowing the shrimp. Bug her to post it! Her blog is growing mould.

Anyway, all my pictures that look reasonably ok are in a an album you guys can find on the sidebar. Unfortunately, many of them turned out like this:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Strong Winds
Well, I cannot hiam too much, considering I'm only using my phone camera. *cry*

Finally...
Don't ask me why we found cowboy hats in the souvenir shop of the aquarium.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I wish I bought a boomerang! But even if I did, where can I play with it?

Labels: ,



washed away 9:52 PM*